Minapa Garelu is a traditional recipe of Andhra Pradesh. Generally, it is served as breakfast but you can also relish it as a snack. You can easily prepare this light snack with urad dal, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt. The perfect blend of South Indian flavours can be found in this dish when it is served with coconut chutney or sambhar. Serve this delectable snack at your next kitty party, potluck, game night or any other such get-together. Also, this recipe can be packed for lunch, picnic and road trips. So, don’t wait anymore and try this yummy dish with your loved ones! You can also try: Dahi Vada, Medu Vada and Masala Vada.Read more
1 Serving2 Servings3 Servings4 Servings5 Servings6 Servings7 Servings8 Servings9 Servings10 Servings11 Servings12 Servings13 Servings14 Servings15 Servings16 Servings17 Servings18 Servings19 Servings20 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup soaked overnight urad dal
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- refined oil as required
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 medium onion
- salt as required
- 2 green chilli
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
How to make Minapa Garelu
- Step 1Grind the soaked urad dal with a little water to make a thick batter.
- Step 2Take out the batter in a large mixing bowl and add cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger, salt, onion, green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Step 3Now, make small balls from the batter and pierce a hole in the middle of each of them.
- Step 4Heat oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the vadas till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Step 5Take out on a tissue paper and serve hot with any chutney of your choice!